Now of course!
Whether or not your organization has already started down the mobile learning path, as a learning leader, performance consultant, or instructional designer, now is the time for you to get started.
The use of mobile devices is staggeringly widespread, and the projections for increased adoption are equally as high. How exciting is this? People can learn and become more productive simply by using the gadget they carry with them on a regular basis.
Here are a few ways to get up to speed (and get caught up in the potential):
- Grab your iPhone (or a colleague’s iPhone) and download a few learning and performance apps and play around (iTriage, Flashcard Touch, Learning-To-Go Pocket CFO). It’s always helpful to see a few samples.
- Check out a few white papers (Brandon Hall Research: “Worldwide Mobile Learning Trends 2010;” The eLearning Guild Research: “Getting Started with Mobile Learning;” mobl21: “ABC of mobile learning“
- Invest in a few books (“Designing mLearning” by Clark Quinn; “The Mobile Learning Edge” by Gary Goodill)
- Watch a few webinars or YouTube videos
- Brainstorm a few ideas on how you might incorporate mobile learning and performance support into your own organization
- Throw out a few of your ideas at an upcoming meeting and get people thinking
- Ask your kids or kids in the neighborhood about their favorite apps or places they go on their devices
As learning professionals, we have many of the right skills and experience to easily make the transition. Ready or not, mobile learning is coming… Now is the time to start ramping up!
Are you already doing mobile learning? I’d love to hear about your successes and challenges.
Leave a Reply