I’m one of those odd people who can’t wait to get back in the swing of things after the holidays. I hope you’re equally excited about the year ahead, both professionally and personally!
ILG had such a wonderful year as a company in 2015 that I’m still basking in the glow. I’ll share this news with the team during our quarterly sales and business planning meeting this week, and we’ll celebrate the year with our annual holiday lunch on January 19.
And why do I say it was such a terrific year?
- We had 20 percent growth over 2014.
- We had 17 new clients in industries including health care, travel and recreation, banking, and automotive.
- We completed more than 300 projects. They were a mix of consulting services (learning strategy, portal design and development, and LMS/platform selection) and learning and performance solutions (performance analysis, curriculum architecture, ILT, e-learning, mobile, etc.)
- We won awards for both our work and business. We were named a Michigan 50 Company to Watch by Michigan Celebrates Small Business and a Diversity-Focused Company by Corp! We also won, in partnership with our client DTE Energy, the Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning Award for Best Advance in Learning Technology Implementation.
- We had major presentations at ISPI’s annual conference, mLearnCon, the Performance Support Symposium, the Online Learning Conference, and the ATD-CIC Learning Summit. Various members of the team were also in the limelight at local ATD and ISPI meetings throughout the country.
- We added two new employees — a project manager and performance consultant and a business development executive.
- One of your team members, Mike Blahnik, was named an Emerging Training Leader to Watch by Training
But as one business owner reminded me early in my career, “You need to spend your energy looking forward, not back.” So while I believe it’s healthy to have a balance of looking back, living in the present, and looking forward, it’s time to look forward!
- After spending nearly a year remodeling, we’ll move to our new corporate headquarters in Troy at the end of February. It will be a beautiful space and a terrific place to collaborate for our staff, clients, and professional friends in the learning community.
- Speaking of friends in the learning community, this year, two of our team members began their terms as the president of ATD Detroit and ISPI Michigan respectively. We didn’t plan it this way, but we’ve benefited so much from our involvement with these two great associations over the years that I’m happy to give back.
- We are launching our new corporate identity later this month, including a new logo, website, and refined service descriptions. After 12 years in business, it was time! We’ve been sneaking in our new description since the beginning of the year: “ILG is a performance-first learning company. We create custom training and tools that help employees do their jobs more effectively.”
- We are targeting 15 percent steady profitable revenue growth and will gradually add staff to support this growth.
- Once again, many of our team members will be presenting at industry conferences and local ATD and ISPI chapter meetings. In the first few months of the year, we’ll be presenting at ISPI Michigan, the West Michigan ATD Group, and THE Performance Improvement Conference in Philadelphia.
- We’ll continue to evolve our services around performance support, mobile, portal design and development, gamification, and micro learning, in addition to our tried-and-true strategic consulting services and learning and performance solutions.
I say it every year, and it’s true every year… thank you to our clients, our staff, our freelancers and vendors, our friends in the learning community, and our families. It takes physical and mental energy, and support from everyone, to make our success possible.
Cheers to 2016!